Maze builder is a desktop program in which you use simple turtle-graphics commands; Forward, Backward, Left and Right, to guide a turtle through a series of mazes; collecting coins as you go.
Your program, which is displayed as it runs, can be edited and adapted and saved to your hard disc.
You can create your own mazes for others to solve using the 'Build a maze' option.
National Curriculum programme of study
Maze builder provides opportunities for children to know, apply and understand subject content from the computing programme of study.
Key Stage 1
- understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- create and debug simple programs
- use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
Key Stage 2
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output
- use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
Maze builder costs £19.95 for a site license
£6.95 for a Home license.
Read the manual